Friday, November 15, 2002

This is one girl.........
who’s going to be careful while talking in Chicago.

Not that non-stop profanity is problem for me anyway. But I don’t want to chance a $300 fine. Not if I cut off my thumb trying to extract a balky Trib from a newsbox. Or if someone would back over my foot with a Hummer. Not a word. Not at the cost of $300, per.
What really made me laugh in this article, was someone rationalizing that everybody is cursing so it is a useless law. (Where have we heard this rationale before?) "If they enforce this ordinance, the majority of Chicago would be in jail," National Black United Front spokesman Conrad Worrill told the Chicago Defender. "I think it's infantile." Well, I ‘ve heard some infantile language on the street, too. As in “what the f*** you doin’ you f****** a******........You know what I mean. And the nice thing about infantile behavior is, that with the proper motivation, we grow out of it.

And who will be the first person to go to court with the Tourrette’s defense? (I’m not being nasty here - we have Tourrettic family members so that entitles me to the occassional crass joke....)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter