Monday, November 18, 2002

Just another good reason........
for me to not go to the Highland Park Ben & Jerry’s for Karaoke night.
(The other being that my public performance of Love Shack is some sort of crime against humanity.)
This from Religious Left Watch.

I’ve always been a little suspicious of Ben & Jerry’s flaky philosophy. The Foundation will only consider proposals from grassroots, constituent-led organizations that are organizing for systemic social change. We support programs and projects that are examples of creative problem-solving. I really thought La Leche League fit that description, but I guess our local group wasn’t edgy enough to qualify for a small grant to support some of our local outreach activities. (Heaven knows the members ate enough of their products, especially during those crucial craving times during pregnancy.)

In the interest of fairness, I must say that this is a company that appears to treat its employees well. My f-i-l worked out in Burlington doing some private consulting on their water system. He was given the standard employees’ Friday afternoon allotment of 6 pts. of any flavors he wished. I think they even wrapped it with dry ice so he could tote it back to Chicago.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter