Thursday, November 14, 2002

I’m seeing a lot of Augustines out there.......
It’s fun to see the theologian quiz results on lots of blogs. Now , perhaps, we should combine this with the Beatles quiz as a modifier. For example, I am an Abbey Road Augustine. And Dylan is a Revolver Karl Barth.

An Idea!
I was reading (while at the dentist, of course) that when Mario Puzo began writing The Godfather, he was $20,000 in debt with a wife and five children to support. And now, Random House is looking for a successor to write a continuation of The Godfather. They hope to find someone in approximately the same situation with the potential to write a new ‘classic.’ Who do I know with lots of kids and debt? Hmmmm......

Oh, well, that’s the extent of my qualifications. If debt and kids made authors, I’d be a regular on the New York Times bestseller list. Everything I know about Italian organized crime families, I learned from watching The Godfather. (It was on Bravo again last night!) Being in reduced circumstances, we don’t have HBO so I’ve never even seen The Sopranos. (I would like to see Six Feet Under - but not enough to actually pay money for the privilege)

Time to get going. Thursday is always busy. Must remember to leave note near phone telling everyone not to hang up if Random House calls.

Gotta run.........sounds like the shower is free........this could be my last chance this morning........

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter