Monday, November 18, 2002


Eddie - wear something respectable.......
in fact, this might be a good time to rekindle that necktie obsession........
Homeschoolers get knock
on door from police
Despite law, superintendent sends out squad cars to ensure compliance....

Good Lord, this is happening in northeastern Illinois.
Maybe I should be holding a dental instrument everytime I answer the door. (No, too threatening), make sure Eddie doesn’t mix stripes and plaids and keep Mozart playing at all times.


"Cor mundum crea in me Deus"
Davey’s mom has this as a family motto. That’s so cool. (And it brings back memories, as we always sang Create in me a clean heart, oh Lord, etc. after communion back in my Lutheran days. I still include it as part of my thanksgiving prayer after communion now.)

Rick’s done a lot of geneological work on the von Huben family, he has a family crest but I have no idea if they have a motto.

We have, at times, toyed with the idea of coming up with our own motto. We’ve pretty much narrowed it down to:

We never ever do nothin’ nice and easy.........we always do it nice.......and rough (with thanks to Ike and Tina Turner)

Helter Skelter

What’s that smell? (just a bunch of sensitive noses)

Sic semper tyrannis (this is what I get when I propose the children pick a Latin motto, no e pluribus unum from this bunch

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter