Friday, November 15, 2002

Blast from the not too distant past.....
Gwen writes on Regina Caeli about her daughter’s fascination with Fisher Price Little People. There was a time when those people were everywhere in our home. We gave a lot away when we moved, but I’m sure we still have a big Rubbermaid tote full of the stuff I couldn’t bear to part with. Little People and Playmobil and toys of that ilk have been so wonderful. Some children are naturally driven to ‘act things out.’ When Bridget didn’t have Little People at hand, she would put on little plays with crayons. There was a time when I wasn’t familiar with the Charlotte Mason idea of story ‘narration,’ but we sure were doing a lot of it. That reminds me - it’s almost time to figure out where I packed the Playmobil nativity set. That is excellent tool for learning the nativity story.
I must write later about why we allow a pig to show up.........tho we all know he shouldn’t be there.

Gotta go. The Simpsons Focusyn episode is on. My favorite......

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter