Thursday, November 14, 2002

Bill Gates Welcomed with Huge Condom
Between this and Michael Jackson, who needs the National Enquirer?
(And thank heaven this article didn’t have a picture.)

How many times........
can Netscape crash in one day? Six hours left to go.

Nice Surprise
As of Tuesday, we were waiting for one last shipment of the school curricula that I ordered at the beginning of September. Several items from Greenleaf Press were back ordered. Since these were not desperately needed, I told them I was willing to just wait until they had everything and then they could ship it all. So on Tuesday the UPS man showed up at the door with my box of books. And they refunded my shipping. I thought that was nice. Just really unexpected, upstanding and nice.

Greenleaf Press is fun and so excellent for history materials. Yes, they are Protestant and so we do have to be careful with certain materials. (I’ll pass on Famous Men of the Renaissance/Reformation, for sure.) But most of their stuff is sound and they are not rabidly anti-Catholic. (Unlike some other Protestant homeschooling concerns that would probably spray my order form to get rid of any Catholic cooties.) If you are fairly well-informed on the pitfalls of Protestant children’s literature, you can navigate the Greenleaf catalog safely. (e.g. - skip the Henty.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter