Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Tuesday...........
I’m up early, taking care of loose ends and glad to put an end to another dreadful night’s sleep.
I’m about to lapse into the mordant again, but my mood is adjusted back to an understanding of real tragedy by turning on Fox News and seeing that there has been another shooting back East.

Years ago, when I first started having children, many books referered to maternal dental problems and the old wives’ tale, a tooth for every child. Well, I think I’ve reached that point. Last night while flossing, the molar that I had a root canal and post done in about 6 months ago just popped right out of my mouth. No pain - nada. I don’t think it was worth putting in a glass of milk and rushing to the ER. But I was in as much shock as if a limb had fallen off unannounced. Turning to my husband for solace, I received, “What tooth, I can’t really see what you’re talking about.”
And just to make sure I ended my day with self-esteem intact, “I still think you’re hot.”

I have six children and can’t afford to lose five more teeth. I hope our three little souls in heaven would please intercede for mother’s continued dental and thereby, mental, health. Just two hours ‘til the dentist’s office opens up. And I’ll just try to remember that if you can see my tooth is missing, you are too close.

If it weren’t true, it might be funny.....
Victor Lams has some interesting info on the mess in Michigan with Jennifer Granholm and her four funky defenders. Makes me wish I could move to Michigan so I could vote for anyone but her.

But I must hold down the fort in Illinois. Planned Parenthood has brought back a series of TV spots featuring a rape survivor (who does have my sympathy) who whimpers about how lucky she was that she didn’t get pregnant because if we had a Governor like (candidate) Jim Ryan, she could not have had an abortion. So she is a pity object, talking about what didn’t happen, and how it would have been affected by a man who was not in office at the time this didn’t happen.
Strange - offensive.

Go ahead and look at Gretchen’s Story. And tell me if, “Jim Ryan would do away with Gretchen's right to choose ? and the rights of thousands of women across Illinois to make their own decisions about their lives and families,” does that mean thousands of women in Illinois are being impregnated by rapists? Then we also have a massive law enforcement problem.




No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter