Saturday, September 14, 2002

The Frog Lives........

Memo to anyone interested in the exploits of the laundry room frog (that means you, Em, since you may be bunking near him on your next trip home. Remember, he’s so much quieter than the gerbil!) He’s thriving in his hastily prepared habitat. Enjoys bathing in the little pool that Eddie made for him. And has eaten about 2 dozen crickets purchased at the pet store over the past week.

Dad has discouraged my purchasing of a home dissection kit. Have I discussed this here? I’m sorry if Im dragging everyone through that debate again. I was all set to get the kit, complete with vacuum packed perch, frog, crawfish, worm etc. Dad was ‘uncomfortable’ with the thought of his sons handling scalpels. There’s always next year.

But I did do the next best thing. No, I didn’t decide to pith our current family room guest and dissect him in the name of education. I was able to find one of the GeoSafari Undercover books which allows us to do a ‘virtual’ dissection with plastic parts. So, on Monday, we’ll be back to watching for the Wells Fargo Wagon (ok, UPS) to bring the rest of the new school stuff PLUS a virtual frog. What fun!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter