Sunday, March 16, 2003

Working. Mother. Guilt.
I’ve spent a lot of today doing extra lesson planning so that I can turn a lot of the edu-process over to pater tomorrow. I’m filling in at the rectory again. Then on Tuesday I move to the DRE’s office to fill in for his administrative assistant who was badly injured in an accident 2 weeks ago. This will only be about 5 hours a day, but it is still enough for me to need to shift a lot of the school stuff over to Dad. This may last from one to three months.. The extra money will be a blessing, but I’m worried about everything working out in my absence. I am familiar with stories of mothers who work full-time and homeschool at night. I don’t know how much of that energy I can muster. (A year or two ago, I saw a story on TV about a homeless woman who homeschooled her child while living in a car. The story focused on his brilliance, well adjusted attitude and acceptance at an Ivy League - or equivalent - university.) Rick is good at the academics, but I know must instantly turn him into the POD parent - mapping out our daily prayers that he has heretofore not been included in and upping his daily dose of Latin.

Going to bed now. Have a bit of knot in my gut.





No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter