Sunday, March 09, 2003

This one is just to scare you, Em!
Ha. Ha. Having just turned 48, I think a seventh child would be miraculous, and wonderful. Although I know of people..........who have been greatly surprised. And they’re not just in the Bible.

'babyholic' gives birth to 15th child
Sue Povey, 43, gave birth on Friday (local time) to daughter Isabelle, 23 years after delivering her first child.

"I really adore newborn babies. I suppose you could say it's like an addiction," she said from her hospital bed in Swindon, western England.


The article gives no indication of whether or not Mrs. Povey does well with the her little addictions as they get older, but I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. It is sad that people who love babies and family life are newsmakers, but those who are not open to life are considered ‘normal.’ I’ve heard some really sad things from new mothers while I was hospitalized after birthing my first three. Women would be happily awaiting getting their tubes tied or joking about their husbands ‘little operations,’ so they could be safe from being blessed more than two times.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter