Sunday, March 09, 2003

Mission Accomplished
Rather than sitting here looking smug since Amy Welborn added me to her blogroll - and having limited success explaining to the family why this may be the major accomplishment of my year, Chuck and I took off on a little post-Church shopping expedition to get a few things at Wal-Mart. I try not to do this on Sunday, not just for theological reasons but also because the atmosphere there on a Sunday afternoon is zoolike and the temperature stays a constant 95 degrees, winter or summer. But this will be a busy week and this was my big chance to get paper towels, detergent, and a frame for that Turandot poster that must cover the blank wall in the family room. Getting the poster off the laundry room door was not as easy I had hoped. For once, those 3M sticky squares really, really stuck. (How many times in college did I return from a week-end away to find that most of the stuff had fallen off my walls?) The poster looks a lot nicer in a $10 Wal-Mart frame and does enliven that corner of the family room. That is the corner where the new, bigger TV showed up at Christmas, rendering the wall somewhat unusable for posting school materials. A Puccini poster (by David Hockney - very bright, very edgy. There is a bit of Lautrec influence to it, too.) will count as subliminal indoctrination. And I did wash the wall. It still looks gross. I’m just waiting on the angle of the sun to change.........

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter