Friday, March 14, 2003

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
Thought I’d have the whole week-end off.
The girl who was supposed to work 9-11 tomorrow called and asked if I could do it. Sure. Why not. I was planning on going to Mass at 8:00 anyway, so it’s no big deal to stay a while longer.

Then I can finish all the work I didn’t get done tonight.
Just some minor crises plus making 2700 copies of the Easter schedule. I decided it was easier to do all the copies myself rather than to write up a description on how to feed the special paper into the machine. Had to let the copier rest a few times when it started to smell ‘warm.’

Still, not a bad day. The boys have been doing well with their school work. I was anxious to go over it with them this morning to see how well they were doing. My fear has been that they would manipulate their father out of following the lesson plan (which is flexible) to an absurd extent. They didn’t convince him that their readers are ‘gay,’ - so I’ll be doing a little better next week as I stretch my working/homeschooling routine a while longer. Thank God I have Rick here to run things. I’ve heard of single mothers who work full-time and homeschool. I think that would be too high a degree of difficulty for me.

Now, to bed. I’ll probably be punching that copier button in my sleep....(with tricky jobs we tend to do copies 50 at a time, so as to cut any potential losses.....so I only hit the print button 54 times tonight. Plus assorted other copying.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter