Wednesday, March 12, 2003

I may have previously written about the friend who returned a whole chicken to the Jewel because, upon her return home, she noticed that it weighed 6.66 pounds. Which was more amazing - her actions or the fact that the Jewel accepted the chicken? I don’t know. Last night was my moment of truth. I needed some boneless, skinless chicken breasts. About one and a half meals’ worth. The perfect package cost $6.66. I took it.

If you don’t hear from me after dinner tonight, you’ll know I made a mistake.
Between the chicken and my actually working with Microsoft products at work (and we all know who Bill Gates really is, right?) I may be skating on thin ice.

Another morning at work. Will be at home this afternoon to micromanage the schoolwork and catch up on laundry. I don’t know how mothers who work all the time manage.

(Note to boys: Please don’t call me at work to tell me your readers are ‘gay.’ There is a reason for you to read them. Content, sentence structure, vocabulary...... Please come up with a better word of derision than ‘gay.’ And if I anwer the phone to hear that your readers ‘suck,’ I’ll put you through to a higher power to straighten you out.......)

PS - Did you know that on a Gateway, you can type-over and delete forward? You probably did. This is rather marvelous......but not enough to make me foresake the iMac. I just hope I don’t make any serious mistakes - primem non nocere, right?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter