Thursday, March 27, 2003


I have to stop going to bed so early............
Chunks of rocks believed to be the remains of a meteor that lit up the Midwestern sky as it exploded rained down across the southern suburbs early this [Thursday] morning, damaging homes and other buildings but injuring no one.

The meteor streaked across the sky about midnight before apparently blowing up with a bright flash and a thundering boom. About 100 fragments ranging in size from small stones to softball-size chunks were recovered from yards, driveways, streets and even the insides of houses in Park Forest, Matteson and Steger.


For the department of poor sleep hygiene: I fell asleep on the couch - after deciding not to go to a book discussion at church because I thought the children deserved a maternal presence for the evening. Someone woke me up about 10:30, so I could floss, brush and go to bed. To help lull myself back to sleep, I watched Rosemary’s Baby on Bravo. I don’t know if it was the story line or Mia Farrow’s Vidal Sassoon haircut, but I didn’t sleep very well. And a splendiferous meteor comes streaking through town, but I miss it. There is some sort of lesson here, but I’m not quite sure what it is. I can look out the window before I pop into bed every night for the rest of my life and most likely never see a meteor come crashing into the ‘burbs.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter