Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Does Everybody Cover Their Mirrors During Lent?
I don't think so. So we're already off to a shaky start. (not to mention the circus involved in getting to Mass by 8:00am) Last year, I ran a seven foot length of plain white paper along my dining room wall. Each week we added two Stations of the Cross for study and discussion. (I ordered a nice set of 6x4 inch pictures through the Catholic Heritage Curricula Catalog.) I decided to do this, since we had never prayed the Stations regularly, and my children would show up at Church on Good Friday with perplexed looks on their faces. Putting the pictures up at home would present a constant reminder and also prevent us from being a distraction in Church by walking and talking about each Station. (I did that with my CCD class one year, and by the third Station I had to return to the classroom and dispatch 3 students to the DRE's office for a "little talk.")

This year I have a mirror on the dining room wall. One of those cute folksy mirrors that looks like a 6-paned window. And it really does make the room look bigger. I was faced with dilemma of taking down the mirror and finding a safe place to store it, or run the paper for the Stations tableau right over the mirror. I thought the safest place for the mirror was on the wall. Now wise guys are asking if I'm going to cover all the mirrors for Lent.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter