Monday, February 17, 2003

To School or not to School?
Happy Presidents' Day to one and all.
Martha is home for the day, so I am assuming most schools around here will not be in session.
(Though Emily doesn't have school today, the school she works at is in session, having done their patriotic bit on Lincoln's Birthday.
Ah, the joys of Illinois!) I suppose I will try to cram in as much school work as possible before the neighborhood fellows start ringing
the doorbell. On a holiday, the little "School Time" sign that I hang on the front door is of little efficacy. They must think it is an oversight; something I didn't bring in the day before.

Time for Mass. I'm looking forward to driving straight to church and avoiding the nerve churning traffic near the high school.
On an average day, my first five minutes of prayer are thanksgiving that I didn't have an accident or succumb to frothing demented road rage.....

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter