Friday, February 14, 2003

Robert Gotcher has some interesting points on homeschooling and parental humility.
Having been on the receiving end of comments that made feel like the world’s worst mother when I did not homeschool,
I try to be cautious with my words when talking to other parents.
Likewise, I still get some flak from various quarters now that we are homeschooling, so I am a bit reticent when it comes to admitting where my children go to school.
Unless I am feeling particularly comfortable with people or they are on the verge of thinking the children are in some sort of correctional facility,
I hope the topic does not come up.
I don’t mind being supportive or instructive to parents already considering homeschooling, but otherwise, in most situations,
I would agree with what Mr. Gotcher says, “Those of us who home school need to shut up about it. ’’

Or start a blog.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter