Tuesday, February 25, 2003

More on Kook Magnets
Does anyone remember the (not particularly funny in modern context) joke about the man who carried a bomb on an airplane because he figured it improved the odds that there would be no other bombers on the plane? I'm wondering why there haven't been too many kooks at work lately. Maybe I am the kook. Hired, not just for my organizational skills and smooth phone voice, but to skew the odds against two kooks being in the rectory office at any one time. There was the matter of the letter I wrote once. Not really to the pastor, but to a pastoral associate (and I do stand by the contentions stated in said letter) and copied to the pastor. I can only hope my letter was bland and short enough that it has long since passed out of the pastor's memory. (As for the pastoral associate, she called me on the phone and opened a can of verbal whup-a** all over me. I took the bait and it turned into one of the nastiest phone conversations I have ever had. Worse, if only in length, than the words I had with the pollster from NARAL who called me and during dinner at that!) We have a pleasant enough working relationship - I'm wondering if she knows that I am the same person that she had the cat fight with over the phone.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter