Thursday, February 20, 2003

If you think the blog is a mess.....
you should see my reality. Spring is coming. The angle of the sun has changed. I see some strange streaks on the wall and a vague handprint. Funny, I didn't see them yesterday. In today's light they look like some sort of spatter evidence at a crime scene. Suits my mood.

This is the second Thursday in a row that Martha has been late for school. Meaning I miss Mass and go straight to my Bible study in a state of irritation. I fought my inclination to go back to bed and decided to soldier on.

Fran needed to be driven to the dentist to have another wisdom tooth removed. (the good news: we have another tooth to dissect) Before we left, the dog escaped and managed to roll around in some fetid pond water (two days ago it would have been fetid ice!). She's been bathed, but still smells like wet, fetid dog.

Someone used my 'good' dish towels to mop up the muddy footprints.
The boys need to bathe but all the bath towels were used on the dog.
Rick is at Martha's first track meet of the season.
I'm taking the boys to McDonald's for dinner. By then the sun should be down and I'll be able to face my home without the harsh glare.

But, my, that dog does smell. Some sensitive family members have nominated What's that smell? as our family motto. Chuck was encouraged to see his choice - Sic semper tyrannis - as Fr. Jim Tucker's Latin phrase of the week. But tonight, my vote goes with What's that smell?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter