Thursday, February 27, 2003

Hi-ho, Hi-ho....
Off to work I go. I think we're doing a Lenten mailing. At this point, I'd be happy to go in to work to sort paper clips and rubber bands.

The boys are both sick. That figures, since I spent yesterday in meticulous planning of the schoolwork that their pater should be leading them in today. I don't know how much he'll accomplish. Eddie was whimpering most of the night plus he had bad dreams which caused us to be up watching Cartoon Network at 4:00am.

Martha is not so sure she wishes to continue on the track team. I don't want to 'take sides,' but I can't say that I blame her. Practice until 6:00pm 5 nights a week plus Saturday mornings and a schedule of 20 meets seems a little intense to me. I've probably already stated here that in these post Title IX days, girls have a lot more sports opportunities but they sure don't look like they are enjoying it. When Embot was on the track team I always came home from meets rather depressed by the look of grim determination on the girls' faces.

At dinner last night, Rick had a look on his face not unlike Mary Tyler Moore in Ordinary People when she found out Conrad quit the swim team. Not a pleasant dinner - I'm still a bit dyspeptic. Then he was offended when I asked why all the fuss over heaving an 8(?)lb. sphere of metal.

All in all, the rectory will provide a bit of sanctuary for me today.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter