Saturday, February 15, 2003

Give her credit for honesty.
A Dutch artist is to marry herself to show people how much she loves the different sides of her character.
Strange as this may seem, she doesn’t appear to be that different from some of the brides that we deal with at church.
"I want to celebrate with others how much I'm in love with myself."


After working in the rectory for almost 18 months, I have become fairly calm with the emergency calls from the hospital,
the calls from the funeral home, the calls from the recently bereaved, the ‘slightly out of touch with reality’ visitors at the door.
Brides still leave me a little worse for the wear.
Just for comparison, I found it much more rewarding to spend ninety minutes this morning convincing the copier that it wasn't
jammed than I would have found convincing a bride that she needs to be somehow tacitly connected with our parish to get married at our Church. The beauty of our Church in a beautiful town with excellent proximity to some fabulous banquet facilities makes our parish
desirable by those who may never have noticed us before.
(My favorite, of late, was asking a young gentleman on the phone if he was a registered parishioner, to which he replied,
"Yes, you're the church on the corner of x and y Rds., right?" Hmmm.)
Not all, but many, do earn the name “Bridezilla.”

Thanks to Karen Hall for the link.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter