Friday, February 14, 2003

Friday Afternoon

In my school days, Friday afternoon was when the teachers cut out right after school and headed for the bar at Barth's at the Bridge.
I just couldn't understand what there was about the job of education that drove these people to smoke and caffeinate themselves like
crazy in the teacher's lounge during the week and then head to Barth's to drown their sorrows on Friday night.
Today may have given me an inkling - our second annual discussion of romantic myths in conjunction with St. Valentine's Day.
It's not Cupid and Psycho! I wish I smoked. I wish there was a bar where all the homeschooling mothers gathered on Friday night.
Cupid and Psycho?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter