Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Feeling Empowered!!!
And much relieved. I sloshed the teeniest bit of my iced tea - lemon, no sugar - on the iMac keyboard yesterday morning. The effect was less than positive. By the time I got home from work last night it was still not working and I went to bed facing the prospects of A) telling Em that I ruined her keyboard; B) doing all my computing on the PowerBook. The PowerBook keyboard is a bit constrictive and it's really slow. I wind up five words ahead of what shows up on the screen. My typing teacher would have said I shouldn't be watching what I'm typing, but I like to. I'm many years out of school and if I want to watch as I type, by jingo, I'll do it.

So I gave the iMac a try. It works. My prayers were answered. (I don't usually pray for tangible objects, except the washer and vacuum, but this is my lifeline to the world. And it doesn't quite belong to me.)

Note to Embot: I'll be more careful in the future. Promise.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter