Saturday, February 15, 2003

An Auspicious Anniversary
I vaguely recall in the early hours of this day leaving a comment somewhere about not having had a decent night’s sleep in 24 years.
Hyperbole, I know, but it certainly feels that way.
Monday being the Embot’s 24th birthday, tonight would be the 24th anniversary of the last good night’s sleep I had.
Tomorrow night will be the anniversary of a night of useless sleep followed by a frantic drive to Milwaukee’s Mt. Sinai hospital.
It all unravels from there.

So, how are we celebrating this unique night? A nap on the couch while waiting to use the computer (naps are fab - I get better quality sleep).
Now sitting at computer worrying about Fran and Bridget who are out with friends, Martha who went to Chili’s for dinner with a girlfriend
and should have been home 5 minutes ago and Em, who was supposed to drive home this afternoon to begin celebrating,
but is waiting out snowy weather in Champaign and coming back tomorrow.
At least the boys are here - I can only hope they remembered to brush their teeth while I was sawing wood on the couch.
I must dig out the quote from Teresa Bloomingdale who said - allow me to paraphrase - that women reach a certain age and wonder
why they can’t sleep. It should be obvious, after so many interruptions, they have forgotten how.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter