Friday, February 14, 2003

Anyone see the new Johnny Cash video, Hurt? I wouldn’t even go in to the blatant crucifxion imagery - not sure where he is trying to go with that. Will have to give it a more careful analysis.
What caught my eye was the close resemblance to the Caravaggio still life in a few shots. The still life that makes me nuts because it is hanging slightly off the edge of the table. Did Caravaggio do this to torment the obsessive-compulsive? I saw other Carravagesque (if that’s the right word - I don’t feel motivated to look it up right now) influences, too. I’ve never been a particular fan of Mr. Cash, though I was suitably impressed when a friend of mine said he shopped at the same supermarket that she did in Franklin, Tennessee.
But this video has caught my attention. It’s a cover of some death metal song, right?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter