Thursday, October 17, 2002

With Outfits like these.......
The November issue of Vanity Fair arrived yesterday. It is still sealed in its plastic wrapper.
The wrapper is what I use as an incentive to finish my real work.......it keeps me from peeking and then drifting off reading and accomplishing nothing. This is the big Music Issue. From the looks of the cover, it is the skanky babes issue. The headline says, “With outfits like these, it must be THE MUSIC ISSUE.” Gwen Stefani, J-Lo, Sheryl Crow, Alicia Keyes - talented ladies - dressed up like...........? I’ll open it tonight anyway. Lured in by the promise of a Springsteen article. Oh, and Barry White. This should be interesting. In the world of ‘romantic’ popular music, I find Barry White to be too overproduced, too, perhaps, ‘rococo.’ I’m an Al Green girl myself. Tight precise production. No wasted noise or effort. It would be pleasing to read thru and see if the Rev. Al finally gets the credit he is due.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter