Wednesday, October 16, 2002

This is just too.........
There is a story about a woman who gave birth to her grandchildren. Not that this is the first time it has happened. Will it become a whole new genre in the area of grandparenting? Grandmas shouldn’t feel put upon when asked to babysit - after all, there are grandmothers who are willing to carry out the whole gestation process. Doesn’t this sort of up the ante on maternal devotion? Or is it just like some bad song from the Dr. Demento show?

The Irish Princess showed up at breakfast on Sunday and requested a crepe when the rest of us were having pancakes. I knew I was being a little too indulgent, but I just added a little extra milk to some batter, threw it in a crepe pan and voila! Well, now I know where the ultimate line would have to be drawn. I’ll drive you around, I’ll lend you money, I’ll take in your indigent friends, I’ll even make you a crepe, but don’t ask me to carry your children. That’s just wrong.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter