Tuesday, October 29, 2002


Random Thoughts
I stumbled upon the C-SPAN coverage of the memorial service for Paul Wellstone. It is sad that at such a moment the emotion that afflicts me is more outrage than sorrow at the passing of a fellow human being. I won’t go in to how tacky I found the political/pep rally to be. That must be the way these things go in politics. The irony of the maudlin eulogizing was overwhelming. To hear how Wellstone spoke out for the powerless, the voiceless and how he stood for those who could not stand for themselves was painful. Did not one soul in that crowd think of the voiceless, powerless, and truly unable to stand constituents - the unborn that he betrayed? That he did not speak out for........Where was Paul Wellstone for the most disenfranchised group of the American people?

I certainly will postpone mentioning this to my spousal unit, since I don’t want to put a damper on a pleasant evening. Tho he is as pro-life as I am, he tends to judge many politicians by their environmental and energy policies as well as their stand on life issues. Unlike me (in what is probably my vast ignorance), he tends to see energy policy as contributing to life issues. That leads to stand-offs such as last Friday, when he glared at me as tho I had personally shot down the Senator’s plane with one glaring, conservative dirty look. I wouldn’t, even if I could. Altho I might like to bollix things up for some of these people - just enough to keep them out of office.....
until they can see the error of their ways.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter