Saturday, October 19, 2002

One good reason........
from Victor Lams that I’m glad a very large lake is between Michigan and me. Altho, if I kept walking straight north I could still run into Michigan.

The election here in Illinois is not nearly as entertaining. The pro-choice people are pretty blatant and religion doesn’t come up much. I appreciate the lovely brochure that Personal PAC sent to me, with lovely picutres of who not to vote for. Spelling out the candidates who are 100% pro-choice is very helpful.

I’m so amused by a local candidate for State Senate who is obnoxious in her pro-choice stance, including big endorsements by Emily’s List, Planned Parenthood and Personal Pac. And she sends campaign literature to the priests at my parish. I know how things can get overlooked when large amounts of bulk mail are handled, but isn’t there some functionary who might see that the most egregious of this literature not get sent to a Catholic rectory? It’s a hoot when I sort the mail.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter