Saturday, October 19, 2002

No News - Means They’re Having Fun Without Me
Haven’t heard from my sister. That means she is having fun.
I tried to avert my eyes when the weatherman pointed towards the Crescent City, but I think I heard the words “eighty” and “sunny.” I’ll take his word for it.

They may take one of those spooky walking tours of the French Quarter tonight. This would be a good time of year for it. Wish I were with them.........One of the tours stops at the Lafitte Guest House on Bourbon St. to see a mirror in which a ghost supposedly turns up from time to time. We stayed there once. Didn’t see any ghost. But we did stay in a room on the fifth floor, which was once inhabited by Tennessee Williams in his less successful days when the guest house was just a flop house. I was so excited to tell the family about this upon my return home, that I blurted out that I had stayed in the same room as Tennessee Tuxedo. They would be about as impressed either way. Tennessee Tuxedo was as obscure to them as Tennessee Williams. Well, Rick remembers Tennessee Tuxedo. And probably enjoys his ‘work’ more than that of Mr. Williams. So much for my brush with greatness.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter