Monday, October 21, 2002

Monday........and wolves at the door
A very slow school Monday. Martha has a cold and stayed home from school. So I didn’t get to Mass and tried to play “catch-up” before it was time to run to the dentist. At least I made up for the time I missed with the Rosary group this morning - there was plenty of time in Dr. B’s chair. I didn’t get home until 12:30 and tried to jump in despite no feeling in most of my head.
Drooling while leading Angelus with boys caused them to say I should just take a nap until everything wore off.

I knew the mail would bring some sort of waker-upper. I lovely full color brochure from Illinois Planned Parenthood (where do these clowns keep getting my name?) showing a candidate for Illinois Attorney General dressed as a wolf in sheep’s clothing. (Not a pretty picture - Isn’t there some sort of a law against taking a less than flattering photo of a person and photo-shopping it into a sheep? Scary, kids......) They damned him with his perfect rating and endorsement by Illinois Right to Life. Begged me not to throw my ‘right to choose’ to the wolves. That’s good enough for me. Thank you Illinois PP for clarifying matters for me.

Can I use my ill humor and numb head as an excuse to rant against all the cars I see in my church parking lot bearing a bumper sticker for a blatantly pro-choice candidate? What’s wrong with these people? This is not a candidate who is low-key, try-not-to-discuss-it pro-choice. This woman flaunts her defense of a woman’s right to choose and her approval from Planned Parenthood. Doesn’t anyone read her literature? Don’t they care? Does the fact that she helped put in a neat kind of stop light with a timed walk signal in downtown Lake Forest make up for the fact that she doesn’t care a bit for her fellow (unborn) Americans?
Thank you very much.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter