Wednesday, October 23, 2002

Meditations for Women Who Think Too Much....
I do need to start getting more sleep.
This reminds me of something that happened at my Bible Study group last week. Somehow we got on the subject of death and the final disposition of our soul. Having recently had a funeral in our parish for a young person who died suddenly, I was moved to speak on how this always catches me off-guard. And it is worrisome because the age at which people begin to put away childish things and approach life with some gravitas is creeping ever higher. (example: the cast of Friends) From there I expounded upon how palpable the finality of death is to me when I enter the name of the deceased in the death register. Some times on a quiet evening I wonder I surmise that one of the lines in the book is for me - barring relocation or doing something dreadful enough to get excommunicated. And I’ll even flip thru the book and wonder which line it is. We’re only on page 13. (Or if it will be a different book, think about how that book has already been printed and is just waiting for me.) At this point, a friend, possessed of much wisdom and wit chimed in, “Ellyn, get some sleep.”
I may have told this story before. Forgive me. I’m sleep deprived.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter