Monday, October 28, 2002

Ivory, 24th Street, Flag

Was just taking a sanity break and playing on the computer. I noticed that Eve Tushnet gave me a very nice mention........I am most appreciative. And she certainly has me pegged. Mad homeschooler is a good definition for me today.

Mondays are always difficult. (I was born on a Tuesday, probably God’s way of giving me 6 days to prepare myself for my first Monday.) Today is typical. By about 3:00, I’m ready to jump out the window next to the school table. This wouldn’t help, since the window is a sliding door and the whole student body would just follow me anyway.

There was a visit we made to the neurologist ,about five years ago, with one of my sons. The doctor did the usual neurologist thing, including saying, “I’m going to tell you three words. I’ll ask you later to see if you remember them. Ivory, 24th Street, Flag.” The words were remembered. The doctor was pleased. Six months later, the words were told to the neurologist again. With the question, “When can I forget them?” Ivory, 24th Street, Flag is still blowing around our house. Chuck will blurt this phrase out - totally unrelated to what is going on. It has even become something of a joke, as in, “Hey, Chuck, Dr. Swisher called. He said you can forget Ivory, 24th Street, Flag.”

Three words so easily learned. While we struggle with math facts that float thru our brains like fine sand thru a sieve, these three words stick. Some things are soooo excruciatingly difficult and other things stick like glue. And I never can predict what is going to be relatively easy and what is going to become a Sisyphean task. It keeps the job interesting.

Oh, well. Enough of my complaining. Time for Jeopardy and then off to my ‘fun’ job at Church. I have this down to a science. Since I am relatively low maintenance, I can perform my beauty routine and change my clothes during the break before final Jeopardy and be out the door by the time the final credits roll. And tomorrow will be another day.........

And thanks again to Eve. (My Google referrals aren’t nearly as interesting. I do seem to have tapped a rich vein in the tin tinsel set, tho.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter