Tuesday, October 22, 2002

Hope....
Went to Mass, about 45 minutes early because I was uptown taking Martha to school early.
Didn’t have my usual prayer book with me, but doubted that it had anything specifically for dental problems. So I was left unguided to pray for many causes, especially, I’ll admit my teeth. A simple fiat voluntas tua is often best.

After Mass, I stopped by the dentist’s office and was able to catch him between appointments to explain my despair. He told me to come back at 4:00, he thinks it can be re-attached. Either way, I can handle it now.


This is “discouraging”!
The Out & In Column in the latest Vanity Fair (p. 304) lists the new “in” grammar pet peeve as:
Quotation marks as ironic “literary” device. So “where” does that “leave” “me?”
Shall I just disable that key to discipline myself?

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter