Wednesday, October 23, 2002

At least it didn’t happen on my watch.....
It warms a mother’s heart to return from work and find that her children have been involved in a cooperative art project. (There were clues.........the desperate phone call to church to get this secretary to give up the secret of the hidden duct tape; Bridget’s procurement of a pumpkin with the perfect ‘gluteal cleft.’) I was delighted to turn in to my driveway and see a life size scarecrow propped in the corner of the front porch mooning the residents of our lovely street. The intricate amount of counter-balancing involved is indicative of paternal involvement. I guess if Dad ok’d it, it’ll stay. There is a certain amount of uncharitable satisfaction in knowing that it will outrage the nasty woman ( and homeowners’ association head!) down the street who thinks we are overpopulated, vulgar and driving down her property values.

In the same vein, I’ve been tempted to put up a yard sign for my sister’s campaign for District Attorney (in another county, in another state). Campaign signs are strictly forbidden by association rules. (reason enough in my book to want to put up a ton o’ signs.) My rationale: since this is not related to any local election, it is really an art installation. And the boys whacking each other with noodles are performance artists and the slackers on the cul de sac are a tableau vivant. I have a degree in art - don’t argue with me.......

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter