Wednesday, October 16, 2002


Another thought on the anniversary of JPII’s Papacy......
counting our blessings....

If you’re reading this Emily, you probably won’t really know how cool it is until you are my age.......
I remember when Pope Paul VI died the summer of ‘78. I remember exactly where I was when John Paul I died - I was a newlywed working as a temp. office worker. In a steel mill. (It was a living........) I remember when John Paul II was elected. He was so impressive. And I wasn’t even a Catholic.

My children have grown up with one amazing Pope as head of their Church. (Sorry I didn’t have the presence of mind so that they would all be ‘cradle Catholics’)

This is just one of those moments when you look back at 24 years and think, where did the time go? It’s enough to make one’s head spin. I was your age, Em, when John Paul II was elected.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter