Thursday, October 17, 2002

And then there’s Oprah....
There are probably 99 good reasons not to listen to Ms Winfrey. But she catches my attention...and sneaks into my brain just the same. I read a quote from Oprah the other day.
She tells us, “Do what you love..........and the money will follow.”

Show me the money Oprah. I love what I do. I love my family. I love teaching my children. I love my job at Church. So where’s the money? (I’m not implying that the church is late with the paycheck. But I haven’t been working as many hours as I would like)

Oprah aphorism may be true, in some areas of endeavor. But not all. I am wise enough not to buy into her philosophy hook, line and sinker. I am, nonetheless, rankled by hearing a woman who isn’t worried about keeping the heat below a certain level for the sole reason of staying out of ‘hot water’ with People’s Energy, tell me how the purity of my motivations will lead to material success. I am doing what I love, but if the money is following it is far behind. Maybe I should start an eponymous magazine. Yeah, that’s the ticket..........

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter