Saturday, September 07, 2002

There is an interesting article on National Review Online discussing ‘classical’ education among the educational choices today. Quite a bit of food for thought................On first reading I would have to give our little school an A for effort and a C- for performance (judging by the author’s standards) But in the pat-yourself-on-the-back-Ellyn department, I would say we are still doing better than the other kids around here. Of course, I’ll probably read it again later in the week-end or while our paternal unit is out of town and I’m in the mood for a pity party.


(Don’t even get me started on sending a child through 4 years of Classical Latin at the local high school, just so she can come home and rip on our Church Latin pronunciation. Next time, girl, it’s you and me..........out front............with the noodles!)


I wonder if the author knows that you can sing the conjugations of the regular verbs (amo, amas, amat etc.) to the tune of the Mexican Hat dance? Works for us...............

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter