Tuesday, September 17, 2002

Speed Reading - HUMBUG!


Bill White on Summa Minutiae has some ‘bad’ things to say about speed reading.
I second that motion.
One of his commentators suggests reading aloud.
I second that motion, too.
Having children has gotten me into that habit. And it is one that I recommend to my own children when they have trouble comprehending material. Or even enjoying it! Read it aloud to yourself or to a sibling (especially if reading to an audience of 0 makes one self-conscious.) Babies love to be read to. Dad has been known to read technical literature to infants- definitely more for his benefit than the baby’s. (Oh the treasure of info on alternative energy and bio-fuels that is locked away in the subconscious minds of my children.)

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter