Sunday, September 15, 2002

Sometimes we just get lucky..........


The boys and I made a second trip to the used book sale today. I offered to sub as a lector at 9:00 am Mass, while forgetting that Dad is out of town and I’d have manage to Rod and Todd all by myself. (This is usually done by sitting between them, but the lector needs an aisle seat so that plan was a no go. So I just relied on a well aimed glaring eye ball coupled with the incentive of breakfast at Burger King for all cooperative family members. Remember this was an incentive. A bribe is an offer of compensation for bad behavior. An incentive is.........well an incentive for good behavior beyond the knowledge that virtue is its own reward. ) Mass and breakfast having been accomplished, we headed directly for the big tent at the park to line up for all the half price books. So many fabulous finds. I think I would have done much more damage had I not had two boys following me like a Greek chorus. (This bag is heavy, the tent smells funny, the books smell funny..........) But the whole sale would still have been a fabulous success for I found a CD that I long ago gave up on locating at the library (yes, Amazon has it, but I am cheap). Eureka. It had been discarded and put up for sale. And today my eyes saw what they had overlooked on Friday. And I flew home with my 50 cent copy of La Toussaint by Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys. What a day!

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter