Friday, September 27, 2002

The Irish Sports Pages.......
The Chicago Tribune website offers an interesting service. It’s called ObitMessenger and they send you a daily customized e-mail obituary update. The obituaries are one of the first things I turn to. This is puzzling and somewhat distressing to my family, but I find it to be fascinating reading. There are always people so interesting, that I think, darn, I wish I had met them when they were alive. (Of course, there is often an occassional obituary that catches me off guard because I didn’t know the person in question was still alive!) I heard someone refer to the obituaries as the ‘Irish Sports Pages,’ a rather charming way of describing it............



The Frog Chronicles.
When I came downstairs this morning, about 6:00am , the frog was making frog type noises. Amazing. Rick is trying to bulk him up before we release him at the forest preserve. The buckets of crickets are getting expensive and the flies that the boys caught in the garage have a nasty way of escaping the frog sanctuary and buzzing around the house. So at WalMart the other night I looked at various pet foods. The best I could come up with was food for aquatic reptiles. Martha had to read the 6pt. type on the label for me and protested that it didn’t say anything about frog worthiness. I decided the price was right and frogs might eat the same stuff as aquatic reptiles. Martha just had to tell the checkout lady it was for our frog. She looked at me with pity and then reminded me that frogs are amphibians, not reptiles. Oh, well, I think he has eaten some of the little nuggets. Rick says frogs want live food. I can only quote my father, “If he’s hungry enough, he’ll eat it.”

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter