Thursday, May 15, 2003


Field Trip Day
Rick and the boys are running down to Champaign to pick up some pre-owned computers (Mac, of course) to be donated to a local Catholic school on a very tight budget. (To describe the horrors these children face, Chuck said, “You can’t believe it - their computers still have green screens!) So this gives me a day to go to work without feeling like I’ve abandoned the family.

I know, I know....Rick is here when I’m not. But I still feel like a lousy mother a lot of the time. I was thinking about this topic all last night. A friend of the boys’ came over to play. When I went to the door to say that Eddie was under the weather and Chuck was feeling anti-social, the kid burst into tears and fell into my arms. He needed somebody to talk to after a really bad day at school. He had talked to his mother on her cell phone and she said she’d talk to him when she came home at 7:00. I spent the hour I had planned on using for housework and preparation for the last Respect Life meeting of the year sitting on the couch talking. I hope I helped. But it felt weird cuddling and soothing another mother’s child. I think I’ll call her tonight. Last night I was on my way out when she was coming home.

No comments:


St. Isidore Foundation



I cannot live under pressures from patrons, let alone paint.
-- Michelangelo, quoted in Vasari's Lives of the Artists


Meet the Family...
Collect the Action Figures





Yes, three jade ribbons. 15 Years!
(not all the same child)
If you need to ask, you may not wish to know.


 
Site Meter